Do you Really Need a Face Mist?
Skincare research and technology keeps getting better by the day. We now have products that do a far better job of penetrating, cleansing, moisturizing and exfoliating the skin than ever before. With so many fantastic products to choose from, curating a skincare routine that’s just right for your skin type can be a task. Luckily, we’re here to help you figure it out!
If there’s one skincare product that’s taken the skincare world by storm, it’s got to be the face mist. It’s become a beauty staple for obvious reasons: they’re easy to carry, easy to use (a couple sprays and voila!) and with the spray bottle, you don’t have to worry about contaminating the product by coming into contact with it. Simple, no-fuss, and no-frills. But does your skin really need a face mist? Or are they just overhyped bottles of fancy water?
How does a face mist work?
Face mists are usually packed with hydrators and soothing, calming ingredients. Most commonly, these can include aloe, hyaluronic acid, fruit and plant extracts for antioxidant action, vitamin e, glycerin, and of course, water to keep your skin supple and hydrated through the day.
They make for great little additions to your makeup bag so you can keep spritzing and freshening up throughout the day.
How do I know if a face mist will work for me?
Look for a face mist that contains gentle, skin-loving ingredients to replenish moisture levels and repair the skin’s moisture barrier. If you live somewhere where the weather is typically hot and humid, you’ll want to keep a face mist handy to hydrate without the heaviness of a cream. Come winter though, your skin will most definitely need more than just a thin layer of mist for adequate protection against the cold, dry weather.
So do you really need a face mist?
If you’ve got dry patches, dehydrated skin, and need to keep moisturising, then this is definitely the product for you. Face mists make for great lightweight moisturisers, so they won’t weigh your skin down like heavier creams and balms.
How do I use my face mist?
Now that we’ve convinced you that a face mist is a necessary addition to your skincare arsenal - how do you use it? Our Jasmine Dew mist is the perfect multitasker! Here are 5 ways we love to use our face mist
- Replenish! Use it immediately after cleansing on a wet face or wet your face before spritzing to maximise absorption and hydration, to prevent your face from getting too dry after cleansing and to reset the pH balance of your skin that can get thrown off from cleansing, including any chemicals contained in the water.
- Calm your skin! The aloe and lavender in Jasmine Dew will help minimise irritation caused by waxing or other skin stressors
- Use it as a primer! Silicone primers can be drying, especially in dry weather. Spritz the Jasmine Dew as a base before foundation for a plump, hydrated, smooth makeup base.
- Freshen up your look! Jasmine Dew gives a new lease on life to your makeup and minimises dry, cakey patches, makes it look less like makeup and more like skin!
- Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate! We’re not saying Jasmine Dew is a substitute for drinking water... but it’ll keep the dehydration from showing on your face 😉 Glycerin, Aloe and Hyaluronic acid help keep dry and dehydrated skin at bay.